1. Description: The Brave Adventure Sweepstakes (Cox) ("Sweepstakes") begins on November 13, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends on December 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PT ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes all times (as hereinafter defined) refer to Pacific Time ("PT").
2. Eligibility: Open to current Cox Communications residential customers in good standing as of November 12, 2012, who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia ("D.C."), (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who currently are physically located and residing therein and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must also have either a valid social security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees and agents of Buena Vista Television, LLC ("Sponsor"), The Walt Disney Company, WABC-TV, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., Disney *ABC Domestic Television (DADT), Adventures by Disney, Cox Communications, Inc. ("Cox"), Sweepstakes administrator, their respective advertising and promotion agencies, and those involved in the production, development and handling of the Sweepstakes, their respective agents, officers, prize suppliers, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities"), and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, access the web site located at cox.bravesweepstakes.com ("Web Site"), select the Sweepstakes "Enter Now" button, then complete and submit the entry form ("Entry"). Information required on the Entry form consists of the following: complete first and last name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, valid email address, date of birth, daytime telephone number (including area code) and select "yes" or "no" (as applicable) if you are a Cox Communications residential customer ("Entry Information"). All required Entry Information must be completed in full and must be accurate, current, true and valid. The Entry Information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. If a participant is a resident of Alabama or Nebraska who is between 18-19 years of age or is a resident of Mississippi who is between 18-21 years of age he/she will be deemed a minor ("Minor") and he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering the Sweepstakes or submitting any personally identifiable information. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on December 31, 2012. Limit one (1) Entry per person/per email address/per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant's Cox Communications residential account must be in good standing in order to be eligible for a prize. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Once an email address has been entered by a participant that email address cannot be used by any other person at the Web Site. Only the participant registered under a particular email address on the Web Site may participate in the Sweepstakes. Proof of delivery or receipt of an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of Entry. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE FROM ALL MOBILE PHONES, HANDHELD DEVICES AND/OR TABLETS. IF A PARTICIPANT EXPERIENCES ANY ISSUES ENTERING, HE/SHE SHOULD ACCESS THE WEBSITE AND ENTER FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: The grand prize consists of an eight (8) night/nine (9) day trip for grand prize winner and one (1) travel guest to Scotland currently scheduled to take place from June 30, 2013 to July 8, 2013. Trip includes roundtrip coach class air transportation for grand prize winner and guest from a major commercial airport near grand prize winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to an Edinburgh, Scotland area airport (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); hotel accommodations during the trip (one standard room/double occupancy per location) consisting of three (3) nights at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh, two (2) nights at the Cuillin Hills Hotel in Isle of Sky, and three (3) nights at The Kingsclub & Spa Hotel in Inverness; participation in a guided group travel experience for winner and guest (guided experience not limited to winner and guests only) ("Travel Party"); services of two (2) Adventure Guides for the Travel Party; transportation within the land package; services of local experts (in Sponsor's sole discretion); on-tour luggage handling; gratuities for bellmen, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers and dining room staff; scheduled meals (excludes alcohol); entertainment expressly included in the trip (actual entertainment to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); travel taxes associated with the trip; and activities including horseback riding, archery and bike riding ("Grand Prize"). The total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize: $11,698.00. Five (5) First Prizes will be awarded: Each first prize winner will receive a "Brave" movie prize pack (actual items selected in Sponsor's sole discretion) ("First Prize"). ARV of each First Prize: $100. Total ARV of all prizes: $12,198. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. GRAND PRIZE TRIP (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AIR TRANSPORTATION AND HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS) MUST BE BOOKED BY FEBRUARY 15, 2013 AND MUST BE TAKEN FROM JUNE 30, 2013 TO JULY 8, 2013 OR GRAND PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED IN ITS ENTIRETY WITH NO COMPENSATION OR SUBSTITUTION OF GRAND PRIZE. IF GRAND PRIZE WINNER RESIDES IN A JURISDICTION THAT DEEMS HIM/HER TO BE A MINOR, HE/SHE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO MUST BE DEEMED THE TRAVEL GUEST. IF GRAND PRIZE WINNER'S GUEST RESIDES IN A JURISDICTION THAT DEEMS HIM/HER TO BE A MINOR, HE/SHE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO MUST BE DEEMED THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. Expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Prize winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: transportation to and from the airport of origin, meals (unless expressly indicated otherwise), unspecified ground transportation, alcoholic beverages, unspecified taxes, gratuities of the two Adventure Guides, unspecified meals, travel insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, activities not expressly included in the trip, souvenirs, telephone calls, mobile phone roaming fees, internet services, incidental expenses and baggage fees. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor's approval. Additionally, by accepting the Grand Prize, winner agrees that participating in activities including but not limited to: horseback riding, archery and bike riding, Grand Prize winner acknowledges there is inherent risk associated with said activities. Furthermore, by partaking in these activities, Grand Prize winner has consulted with his/her primary health care provider and is in both good physical condition and good mental health in order to partake in the physical activities associated with the Grand Prize. All Adventures by Disney booking requirements, cancellation policies terms and conditions apply. Grand Prize components may be subject to additional restrictions. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest will not receive frequent flier miles, award points or other prerequisites in conjunction with Grand Prize travel. Grand Prize winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid U.S. Government issued photo ID's, credit card(s), passport(s), visa(s), if applicable, etc.) before departure in order to partake in Grand Prize and meet any other travel requirements of airline, hotel, and/or prize supplier (in Sponsor's sole discretion). The U.S. State Department requires all international travelers to present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department's consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website www.dhs.gov. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. If Grand Prize winner does not choose to partake in any portions of the Grand Prize and/or elects to take trip without a guest, components of the Grand Prize will be awarded in increments/quantities suitable for the actual number of travelers and Grand Prize winner will not receive any compensation or substitute/alternate prize for same. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Grand Prize (or any prize component) with another prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component becomes unavailable for any reason. Actual value of the Grand Prize may depend on the city of departure, travel dates and other factors. Any difference between the estimated value of the Grand Prize and the actual value will not be awarded to the winner. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change due to unforeseen Grand Prize trip scheduling changes and will require provider's approval. Once scheduled, trip must be taken on dates and times arranged by Sponsor or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Changes are not permitted after air ticket issue. Sponsor is not responsible for travel delays or cancellations. If for any reason whatsoever, Grand Prize winner is unable to travel after all arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to him/her and there shall be no compensation or prize substitution if Grand Prize winner or guest are unable to take scheduled trip by reason of illness, family emergency, personal events, terrorism, labor strikes, weather, or other acts beyond Sponsor's control. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the prizing. All Grand Prize and First Prize details/components are in Sponsor's sole discretion. No substitution of prizes (or prize component) is allowed except, in Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize (or prize component) may be substituted with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the "old" (i.e., replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Prize components may not be separated. Prize and prize components cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other promotion or offer and are subject to stated terms and conditions. Prize winner notifications, applicable documents, itinerary and/or prize component(s) will be shipped to a U.S. or D.C. address only. Any depiction of prizes in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or award of a prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the value of the Grand Prize that he/she won in the calendar year that he/she won.
5. Drawing and Notification of winners: Potential winners will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received in a drawing to be held on or about January 3, 2013 ("Drawing Date") in Burbank, CA by the Sweepstakes administrator, an independent compliance organization. Potential winners (or his/her parent/legal guardian if a potential winner is a Minor) will be notified by telephone at the phone number listed on his/her Entry on or about the Drawing Date. If a potential winner cannot be reached after three (3) phone call attempts within a forty-eight (48) hour period, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or if his/her prize notification documents or requirements are incomplete, or returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected in Sponsor's sole discretion. If Grand Prize is forfeited after the winner had been verified, and there is sufficient time to determine and notify an alternate Grand Prize winner, the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
7. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, bot or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Winners release the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agencies, officers, directors, service provider(s) and employees or other company, or persons providing prizes (or prize components) due to reasons beyond Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities control, and/or participation in this Sweepstakes from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to a prize awarded and/or Sweepstakes (including without limitation any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of a prize (or prize component) awarded herein; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access Sweepstakes, the Web Site or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, or elements of the Sweepstakes and/or even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any entity (or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors), (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim (collectively, the "Parties") or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator's award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator's fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys' fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event will entrants be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this Section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
9. Rules/Winners' List: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners' List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Brave Adventure Sweepstakes "Cox Rules" or "Cox Winners' List" (specify which), P.O. Box 11415, Burbank, CA 91510. Official Winners' List available after January 3, 2013. All requests must be received by February 28, 2013.
10. Sponsor: Buena Vista Television, LLC, 500 South Buena Vista, Burbank, CA 91521.
11. Sweepstakes administrator: ESG, P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510-7398. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
Official Rules ©2012 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.